You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Monday, October 27, 2014

In City Style

Is it okay to post an outfit four months late? Well, today we're rewinding to summer. While I love autumn and the chunky knits and scarves the chilly seasons bring, there will always be a piece of me that yearns for exposed toes and sandal weather. (Tropical goddess 5ever).

My cousins, along with our good friend Jonah, had just graduated at the time; and Jonah's family had flown over from the Philippines for the occasion, so we decided to spend a rather gloomy summer Sunday in Toronto to celebrate. We started with brunch at Toca (thanks to the Huangs!), a cozy but ultra luxe spot at the Ritz-Carlton donwtown, then walked over to the Ripleys Aquarium of Canada for some fishy fun. This is what I wore!

I wasn't sure where we were going to eat or what we were going to do that day, but I thought it would be safe to dress in city style since we were going to be in downtown Toronto. The tie-print Forever21 shorts make enough of a statement on their own, so I paired very plain pieces on top to balance them out. I wore my Zara flats which were perfect for all the walking we did downtown, and threw in some accessories to finish the look off!

H&M blazer | Wilfred blouse | Forever21 shorts | Zara flats | Michael Kors bag | Bayo necklace | Aldo sunglasses

Bun in-the-making

I'd like to thank Joche, who you can find over at Silver Potpourri, for taking all of these amazing outfit photos. Let me tell you, this girl is a born director when it comes to photographing. It was so nice to have you and your family in Toronto for a visit! Read about her Toronto experience here & here.

Expertly photobombed by my cousin Mark

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW <3 Can i just say, finally? :) 4 months is no biggie! I'm finding a good vintage necklace like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, sorry! Jonah and I procrastinated on those photos.... It'll be worth it when you find the one - I wear mine all the time. :)

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg