You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Thursday, October 2, 2014

About Me | 30 Random Facts

Sometimes when you're in a blogging rut, it's nice to do something light and easy to get back into the swing of things. I was tagged by a couple of people to do some variation of this post as well, so when I saw one of my favourite bloggers Chels do it a month ago as a back-to-blogging debut, I thought it'd be a neat idea for a post. If you fancy getting to know me a little bit better, keep reading!

Savouring the last of warm weather in the Aritzia Bossut Dress

  1. I can't ride a bicycle
  2. I've never been to a concert
  3. When I was younger, I was involved in two pretty major, life-threatening incidents, and now I have two wicked (and strategically hidden) scars to show for it. Bonus points if you can guess where they are!
  4. I have an irrational fear of birds (....but of course spiders or other bugs don't phase me)
  5. I was born in the Philippines, and I lived there for 15 years
  6. I fit the Asian stereotype to a TEE - aka I wear glasses, play the piano and violin, am good at math, love dim sum, eat rice daily, etc.
  7. Currently a fourth year undergraduate student in Kinesiology and loving it. I'm in the best program!
  8. I love breakfast
  9. October baby
  10. I've got a stomach that is always at the tipping point between starvation and indigestion
  11. I watch a helluva lot of television - my current favourites are Scandal and Arrow
  12. My hair has never been dyed
  13. My favourite treat is a toss up between bubble tea and frozen yogurt (the kind where they mix fresh fruit with the yogurt)
  14. I started dancing ballet as soon as I could walk, but stopped when I was 13. This remains to be one of my biggest regrets.
  15. I have plenty of hobbies and interests, but science is and always will be my greatest passion.
  16. Me under the covers with Netflix and a bowl of strawberries is my idea of a live Friday night.
  17. I'm always trying to keep my shopaholic tendencies in check (I think I've been doing pretty well lately)
  18. I am *itching* to travel and discover the world
  19. I'm an awkward human
  20. I like to say 'thank you' to people a lot. I think people should know when they've done something great!
  21. I'm the middle child of three, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. We sort of complete each other in a weird love-hate way.
  22. Human anatomy and physiology fascinates me, especially the heart. It is absolutely mind-blowing how intricately made we are.
  23. My favourite alcoholic drink is an amaretto sour.
  24. I have very malleable penmanship, and I like to change it up when I'm bored! It was also probably what I was most well known for in high school (I'm sure you're all convinced of how cool I am now).
  25. Controversial opinion: I don't like pumpkin spice lattes. (Pumpkin soup, on the other hand.....)
  26. My parents shaved my head when I was a baby, so I was bald for a solid year and a half... Thanks Mom & Dad.
  27. I used to hate cake. (WHO HATES CAKE?!)
  28. My outfit inspiration is either prom queen or homeless person, there is no in between.
  29. Studying kinesiology basically peer pressured me into eating clean and being physically active, and it's been life changing!
  30. I have the wildest and most vivid, out-of-this-world dreams
It was a lot more challenging than I thought to think of 30 different somewhat interesting facts. I'm really not the most exciting person, haha. But I hope you enjoyed it anyways! Comment below if you've done one of these before, and let me know what else you'd like to see on the blog. Be back soon!

7 comments:

  1. Hi:) I'm one of those who tagged you! I'll do something like this soon.... such a neat idea. I've never been to a concert ever.... i'm not alone. :) -Joche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Hehe. You did it on Instagram I think! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post Jem, so funny! I had a classic bowl haircut when I was younger and matched my other 2 sisters! I also love amerettos sours and Netflix is my best friend as well, haha.

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks Hanh! That's so sweet. Hahaha oh man that's amazing, you must have looked like triplets!

      Delete
  3. wow! how did you used to hate cake?! i do love arrow too tho :') haha
    Emily
    xx
    http://emilyattemptslife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just as surprised as you! I can't get enough of the stuff now. And YES, best show!

      Delete
  4. I could see so many nice dresses here; I believe these all are very cool for the fashion-crazy girls like me. But wearing them with http://byebra.com breast stickers is highly advantageous because this breast shaper gives a perfect shape to my breasts.

    ReplyDelete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg