You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Collective Haul | Fashion

So like I said in my last post, I've been shopping. And I wasn't kidding, guys. I went a bit crazy shopping for new spring/summer clothes and I can't wait to show them to you! Most of the pieces are from Aritzia - I know their clothes don't come cheap, but I really do believe that they make some of the most unique, topnotch quality clothes out there. If you don't live in Canada or certain parts of the US, you can shop Aritzia through their website. I also have a couple of things from Forever21 thrown in, which I think are absolute steals. Let's get crackin'!


Wilfred Cassis Blouse ($95) | A floaty, breezy, crisp white blouse is a spring/summer staple and this one by Wilfred is an absolute dream. It has a gorgeous halter-style neckline that is mirrored in the back, and an open but modest kite-back.  It's simple yet classic and just drapes so perfectly!
Forever21 Ornate Woven Shorts ($18.80) | A loose, silky-feeling short in the richest cherry red and cream scarf print. Zips on the side to close; front pockets. These shorts are so chic and comfortable, and perfect for all your plain tees and tops. The fabric and fit makes it the perfect pick for the hottest summer days, and for that price? Amazing.

Excuse the wrinkled top

Forever21 Posh Textured Geo Skort ($21.80) | I remember rocking the skort as a kid. It's such a practical closet piece: you get the more feminine look of a skirt but with the comfortable, worry-free fit of shorts. Again, I am in love with that crisp, fresh white for this season; and the added texture and stretchy fabric just make it that much better. Zips on the side to close, but no pockets on this one.



Sunday Best Marquez Sweater ($55) | An adorable cropped sweater that is super cute paired with all your high-waisted bottoms or a plain dress. Great to throw on for cooler days or evenings this season. And I mean just look at that print? Too cute to pass up.


Community Cebu Pant ($75) | Dressed up sweatpants is what I like to call these. The fabric is 100% cotton woven to create the most comfortable, lightweight pants. They've got a bit of a cargo pant look going on, and they taper down to an elasticized section at the ankle. I highly recommend these for summer as the pant style covers up, but lightweight fabric doesn't leave you feeling too hot.
Talula Pelham Hat ($28) | I was on the fence about this for a while, but I'm so glad I ended up getting it. The fedora style is classic, made summery by the straw material. It goes with so many pieces, and is often the finishing touch that an outfit just needs. I just got this a couple of weeks ago and have already worn it so much.


Wilfred Beaudry Blouse ($135) | Airy, light, and white (making an appearance for the third time in this haul) - this blouse is one of those truly unique pieces you'll find at Aritzia. This peasant-style blouse is full of little details, from the lace inserts and pintucks to the crinkled fabric. I also love the sleeves on this one, somewhere between a short-sleeve and a three-quarter length. Perfect with your favourite pair of blue skinny jeans.


Babaton Alfie Shirt ($85) | Super soft, crisp white, lightweight, relaxed boyfriend fit - this is the perfect summer button-up. This shirt from Babaton is a wardrobe essential for me. It's semi-sheer so if you like something more opaque this might not be the one for you, but I think that quality about it just makes the piece so much lighter. Adds freshness to any look. Made for medium blue jeans or shorts, or as a layering piece.
The Castings Mid Rise Skinny in Mid Blue Vintage ($185) | Aritzia recently launched their new denim lines The Castings and Paradise Mine. I loved the wash on the Mid Blue Vintage pair from The Castings and just had to have it. The fabric is so lush and soft! This is easily one of the most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever tried on. They weren't made for shorter girls like me so I have to cuff them, but I cuff most of my jeans anyways so this wasn't a big deal. Keep in my mind for sizing that they do stretch a bit!

And that's a wrap for the haul! I always love a good nosey 'round so I hope you did too.

Muchos gracias to my sister Joy for the excellent photography!

4 comments:

  1. White is definitely in! Love it.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I am *obsessed* with how clean and crisp it is!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hihi I know. I wear it so much!

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg