You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Friday, September 27, 2013

Window Shopping

To say the past few weeks have been busy would be a severe understatement. I don't think I realized how many things I signed myself up for this year until I had to pen in all the meetings and events into my weekly schedule. School is crazy and life is crazy, so I'm taking things one day at a time. It's times like this that I'm thankful for Jemaroons because blogging is such a wonderful, stress-relieving creative outlet for me. I'm very content and happy to be typing away right now, ignoring my adult responsibilities even if it's just for a little while.

So let's talk about being broke. Apparently another thing I failed to realize (even though it's my third year into this pattern) is how pocket-emptying Septembers are. Tuition, textbooks, course fees, some commuting fare, .... every dollar is precious. While my bank account recuperates from financial harassment, I'm forced to confine myself to window shopping. It's not as fun as actual shopping but I guess it helps.

At the moment my fashion taste is evolving quite a bit. Whereas before I used to gravitate towards things that are bright and fun and colourful, right now I'm really liking the simple, sophisticated look. And I'm loving black, white, and gray. It's definitely a more mature look. These are the pieces I've been eyeing up and hoping to add into my wardrobe:

Window Shopping

Kimono jackets/cardigans | I've been seeing so many of these in street style lately. I love how it can dress an outfit up or down depending on how it's embellished but overall it gives a cute and relaxed feel. They're so easy to thrown on over basic pieces and can really pull a look together.

Tortoiseshell eyeglasses | The first pair of glasses I got (which is also my current pair) was in a very plain Jane, standard style. It's also about 6 years old now (maybe more?). I think it's time for an upgrade and I'm thinking of something with a bit more character. The gorgeous pair pictured above from Cutler and Gross is just what I'm looking for but totally out of my budget so if anyone knows of a good replica, let me know!

Cutout boots | I've been seeing these absolutely everywhere and I can't wait to jump on the bandwagon. I've said countless times that I'm a summer gal and this is totally backed up by my overabundance of summer shoe wear and lack of winter shoe wear. But I think it's time to embrace the cold and start investing in gorgeous boots like these Jeffrey Campbell Everlys that will last me a while and are easy to wear.

Boyfriend jeans | I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull them off but I see them all the time on other girls and they look so cute and comfortable! They'd definitely be a wardrobe staple and I imagine so easy to pair.

Plain camisoles | I fell in love with camis after buying my printed daisy one from Brandy Melville. They're so comfortable to wear and the loose ones are very flattering on.

Zara Citybag with Zips | I have to admit that when I saw that the Zara Office City Bag had been discontinued, my heart dropped. I've been lusting after it for a few months now but have just been waiting until I'm more financially stable to splurge on it. It's a lovely bag that's perfect for school or work. Thankfully upon browsing, I noticed that Zara does another very similar looking bag: the Citybag with Zips. There are very subtle differences between the two but it still has tons of compartments (including a padded one for your laptop) and the Saffiano leather look, which are the two things I really loved most about it. They better not discontinue this one before I'm able to get my hands on it.....

Wilfred Coquette Scarf | I first saw this on my friend Steph and instantly fell in love with it. I just need more scarves in my wardrobe because they're such essentials for the fall and winter seasons. The Coquette scarves are beautiful and come in a few different prints and patterns.

What have you been window shopping for lately?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. no problemo. your style is impeccable. <3

      Delete
  2. you're not alone when it comes on window shopping girl! haha!

    http://perkyfunky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that makes me feel a bit better! ;)

      Delete
  3. love that handbag! its perfect for this time of year!

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - very fall-appropriate! :) It's great for school too.

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg