You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tangles No More!


Someone tell me how I went all my life without a hair detangler. A long long time ago my hair mastered the art of tangling itself up, leaving me with the frustrating and tedious job of sorting it out periodically throughout the day as well as combing it out post-shower. The latter is what pushed me to really look for a product that would help me out. It got to the point that even if I used conditioner in the shower, I would always have trouble get a comb through it! As a result I felt that I was shedding a lot more hair than I would if my locks weren't so unmanageable. Obviously the bigger problem here was that I desperately needed a trim - I just went for a haircut today and the mane is feeling so fresh - but if you need something to hold you over till then or if you just have insanely unruly, tangly hair (like me!) then hair detanglers are a must have in your beauty cabinet.

I currently own three, which I know is a little crazy, but overall I'm happy with all of them. They all get the job done well! As you have seen from my USA Haul post, the Dove and Healthy Sexy Hair ones were purchased in the States when I vacationed there a month ago. As for the one from Macadamia - that has been one my sister has owned for a while now. She purchased it in a set with a few other Macadamia products. Prices of these products vary depending on the retailer. Let me talk you through the pros and cons of each product now.

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Detangler | This product was in my last Current Loves post and for good reason. Out of the three, this one definitely gives you the most bang for your buck. It may be the cheapest in price, but Dove did not cheap out on quality! This detangler has that bi-phase quality to it which scares a lot of people because they think it will make their hair greasy (I thought this too!), but I can assure you this does not leave your hair greasy or oily at all. The packaging is great as the spray bottle distributes a nice, fine mist when you pump it. This means that the product is better distributed throughout your locks. To use, shake up the bottle to mix the two phases then generously spritz all over the hair. Comb immediately after.

Macadamia No Tangle | Despite being the priciest of the three I have to say that this is actually my least favourite of the bunch. There is a striking difference between this one and the other two, the difference being that this one actually has a thicker, creamier texture. If you screwed open the cap you would see that the product inside is not a liquid, rather it's this sort of cream or lotion-looking product. It's still a really good product, don't get me wrong, but I think this makes it more difficult to get all the strands of your hair with a few quick spritzes. When you press the top down to spritz, the product almost shoots out in a straight line as opposed to a mist.

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-in Conditioner | I've saved the best for last - this detangler from Healthy Sexy Hair is my favourite of all. To be honest it's not much different from the Dove one; it simply dispenses an even finer mist which I loooove. It also has that liquid consistency so it goes on evenly on your hair. No need to shake this one up before application, simple take the bottle to your hair and go crazy! Like I said, I like to be very generous with these products and I find that combing right after is when they are the most effective. This one is a bit more expensive than the Dove one but cheaper than the Macadamia, so it's a nice middle ground.

All three detanglers smell absolutely amazing, I don't think I could even pick a favourite in terms of smell!

Hair detanglers are like magic to me. You put this liquid in your hair and somehow your strands magically arrange themselves to lie straight. I mean, just think about it for a moment. These products have revolutionized my hair care routine, and I highly recommend any of them if you're having serious tangle issues.

6 comments:

  1. oh such a shame the macadamia one wasn't that great! I had my eye on it for a couple of time as it sounded like a good thing and it's cruelty free *sigh*

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it wasn't that it wasn't good, i just thought the other two were better. :P if you don't mind the cream consistency of it then i think you'll love it!

      Delete
  2. I love my Macadamia Oil, but still haven't tried this spray. I really want to try the big sexy hair spray, it's a favourite of Lauren Conrad! xx

    http://www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely a hair detangler skeptic until a month ago. Totally converted! They're all amazing! x

      Delete
  3. This is just the post I needed in my life! I need to get myself one of these, in particular your thoughts on the Healthy Sexy Hair product may have swayed me...Thank you!

    http://throwmesomethingbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found this post helpful, Nadja! :)

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg