You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Sunday, August 18, 2013

USA Trip | Summer 2013

If you don't follow me on Instagram or Twitter, or haven't read my recent blog posts this will be news to you. But if not then you'll know that for the past week I was in the USA taking a vacation with my family. I had such an incredible time, it's hard to put into words, but it was exhausting but in a good way if that makes sense. My brother couldn't come along for the trip so we 'adopted' two of these silly goons instead (family friends), and so this trip's crew consisted of myself, my sister Joy, Dave, and Phil.....plus my parents. I introduced them here because you'll be seeing them a lot in my photos!

Day 1: We left Canada on the morning of my sister's birthday and drove nine hours to New Jersey where we have family living there. The road trip took most of the day so by the time we arrived it was just about time for my sister's birthday dinner party.

Day 2: We made a day trip out to Atlantic City, NJ to take a stroll down the boardwalk, have some boardwalk food and chill out on the beach. The food was suuuuuperb and the boardwalk was gorgeous, but the beach was disappointing. Sun, sand, and sea day.

Day 3: A full day of shopping at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets.

Day 4: More shopping at Bergen Outlet Mall and Westfield Garden State Plaza.

Day 5: The trip wouldn't be complete without a day spent in Manhattan - shopped in SoHo, watched Chicago on Broadway, walked around Times Square. Chicago was absolutely brilliant and hilarious, I loved it!

Day 6: Drove to a mall in Delaware to shop some more (we had to take advantage of no tax!), then continued the drive to Baltimore, Maryland to meet up with some of my parents' friends. We had the most delicious dinner at Bo Brooks and I learned how to pick crabs! After dinner they toured us around Johns Hopkins and it was such a dream come true for me. If you don't know why that is, I am a full-time Kinesiology student and a med hopeful!

Day 7: The youngins (Joy, Dave, Phil, myself) decided to head to Manhattan again to do more sightseeing and just general touristy things. We made it to the famous food trucks, Grand Central Station, Central Park, SoHo, and Times Square!

Day 8: Homebound! But had to stop by Friendly's for some last minute validated-by-vacation pigging out!!!
Here is a photo diary of my time away.

Taking a stroll on the boardwalk
The most delicious strawberry lemonade I've ever had
Funnel cake!
Probably my favourite OOTD of the trip!
At Times Square
Penne Sorrentina at Grotta Azzurra
'Chicago' at the Ambassador Theatre
Shopping at Muji
Pens at Muji
Crab dinner at Bo Brooks, Baltimore, MD
At Johns Hopkins
About to chomp on some Philly cheese steaks from Phil's Steaks food truck
Dave's souvlaki from Souvlaki GR food truck
Panorama of Grand Central Station
A view from Central Park
The windows of Saks Fifth Avenue
Sundae time at Friendly's

I love holidays and vacations but after a while I do start to miss my own bed, so after a week of traipsing around the USA and absorbing the culture (and doing tons of shopping!) I'm happy to be back home in the suburbs. Hope you enjoyed my photo diary of my summer USA trip! :)

Shoutouts to: Phil, Dave, and my sister Joy - thanks for being the best company on this adventure of a vacation. And my dad - thanks for taking some of the photos that I used for this photo diary post!

16 comments:

  1. you honestly take the nicest photos, it's always enjoyable reading your posts! Looks like you guys had fun :)

    - thinksandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a sweetie, Sandra! Thanks. :) But I can't take all the credit! My dad actually took half of them - he is a photography enthusiast. And the rest is a mix of me, my sister, or other friends. The trip was a blast and I can't wait to visit again!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Nice trip!

    http://prettylittlefashionistaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. look fun ! i never been to usa the most hong kong
    wish to go for a trip too :)

    i would like to invite you to join my giveaway

    http://rainxdropz.blogspot.sg/2013/08/1st-international-giveaway_8000.html

    do check it out if interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouu, I love Hong Kong too. I've been a few times when I was younger. But yeah, you should put the US down on your list of places to visit!

      Delete
  4. wauw a lot of photo's but they are very nice! seems like a lovely holliday. i love the photo of the lemonade, it looks very goood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Nina! I just couldn't narrow it down when I was picking photos. Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  5. these photos are gorgeous! and you went to muji after all :) yay, maybe you could do a haul post soon or something?

    PS: i just nominated you to a ♡LIEBSTER AWARD♡ :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always Isabela. :) I will surely be doing a haul post - it will be the next post up! Aww, thanks girl - I already did a Liebster post before so I'm afraid I won't be doing another one, but thank you so much for nominating me. It means a lot! x

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had such an amazing holiday and this post has just made me a little more excited for my upcoming trip to the US (if its possible to be any more excited!)

    I've recently started my lifestyle blog, please check it out on...
    phazestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    Phaze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Holidays are the best! :) Enjoy yours!!! :) PS your blog is so lovely xx

      Delete
  7. great photos and so much good food! That souvlaki looks amazing...! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! The souvlaki was DELICIOUS.

      Delete
  8. GREAT pics :) Looks like u had an amazing time!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna, and I did! :) It was so much fun!

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg