You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

USA Haul

A trip to the USA inevitably means a heck of a lot of shopping, only really because everything is so much cheaper over there! I'm actually quite proud of myself because I spent a lot less this year compared to last year. I don't know if I even want to link you over to the haul post I did last year, but it was back when I wasn't so good at composing photos. I took a group photo of all my purchases then and it looked like I had bought an entire store..... Yikes. 

Before I get started I just want to put something out there because I know posts like this can be misunderstood. I want you all to know that the amount of stuff I purchased during this trip is by no means an indication of my regular spending habits. I started saving up for this trip in April, not spending on any makeup, clothing, or any other luxury purchases of any kind. I wanted to save as much money as I could so that I could spend it in the US where I could purchase things for cheaper. End disclaimer.

Now for the fun bit, haul time!

Makeup


Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
L'oreal Colour Caresse Lipstick in Sunset Angora
L'oreal Colour Caresse Lipstick in Cardinal Plume
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Iced Latte
Real Techniques blush brush
Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme in 002 Light
Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Corail Intuitive
L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
Dior Lip Maximizer

Hair, Skincare, Fragrance



Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-wheat leave-in conditioner
Dove Hair Nourishing Oil Care Detangler
REN ClearCalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh EDT
Macadamia Deep Repair Masque
Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins

Stationery



Muji pen case
Muji 0.5 gel ink pens
Muji notebook

Clothing



Brandy Melville Chiyo bralette top
Brandy Melville Jacqueline top
Brandy Melville Giselle crop top
Uniqlo basic gray tank top
H&M blazer
H&M fall parka
Forever21 gray maxi dress (not seen in the picture above)

Shoes and Accessories



Nike Free TR Fit 2 training shoes
Nike sports bra
Naturalizer Simons loafers
Brandy Melville set of 3 knuckle rings
Aldo round sunglasses

I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of these products on the blog in the future whether it be in an outfit post, review, or current loves segment so I'll keep it short and sweet for now. I did manage to tick off almost all the items from the wishlist I posted before my vacation so I'm pretty happy about that. You can bet that I won't be shopping anytime soon - my resources are exhausted! Oopsies.

16 comments:

  1. REVIEW EVERYTHING PLS!!!!!! :) HAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Max!!! Slowly but surely! :P

      Delete
  2. Wow so many goodies!!!
    I would love to read review for the Dior BB cream, the Hourglass highlighter and Nars concealer :D
    No pressure, just saying ;)
    Really love the crop top too!
    x
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jotting your requests down onto my blog book! Stay tuned! :) Thanks for your input and kind words Jessie! x

      Delete
  3. Loving this haul! I just really enjoy hauls!

    xo, Delightful Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked this post Vanessa! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I was saving up for a while so it was a real treat to splurge! :)

      Delete
  5. I have the Dior BB Cream, Nars concealer, and Hourglass Lighting Powder and omg I love all three of them! Great buys! You won't be disappointed (ESPECIALLY with the Nars concealer! I love it)

    -thinksandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Yeah I have not stopped hearing raves about all 3 of those products for MONTHS so I couldn't resist trying them out for myself. Thanks girl!! Yeah I tried out the NARS concealer in store and was definitely wowed!

      Delete
  6. This all looks so neat! I often mention the things I liked the most in comments but I would just have to list everything here.. though I think the Muji pens and case deserve a special "hey that's freaking amazing!" shout-out! I love make-up and just beauty stuff and fashion but nice stationery like this just makes my legs week. Lovely :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so we're on the same page! ;) Stationery is like my secret indulgence that no one knows about because I talk mostly about beauty and fashion on here. I love pretty stationery!

      Delete
  7. Ohmigosh! I'm so jealous of you right now! I wish I could have everything here, especially those Brandy Melville tops and those sunnies. Round sunglasses looks so good on! xx


    Oh Pink Candyfloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Lexie! Most of those things have been on my wishlist for months and months so getting them myself was super exciting! :) I agree with you on the round sunglasses - I thought they would be really unflattering but they're so cute on!

      Delete
  8. great haul! I've just got myself Daisy as well but I don't quite like it as the scent doesn't stay that long :/ OH AND I need to get myself that Muji pencil case for the new semester.. looks so neat!

    http://bohemianbrighties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aww really? Maybe spritz again? I love the scent too much I think I'd deal with it even if it didn't last too long. The Muji pen case is awesome - I love how simple and compact it is. :)

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg