You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Monday, August 26, 2013

Let's Talk Life #2

It's time for another chatty post about what I've been up to lately!

Since getting back from the States, most of my days have been devoted to crossing more things off my 26 Days of Summer bucket list. If you still don't know what that is, you can read more about it here. Progress has been slow and steady but I'm really hoping to pick up the pace in the next couple of weeks. I'm more than halfway through the 26 days so the pressure is on! ;)



Part of the bucket list is a blogging challenge I created for myself where I blog every other day for the duration of my 26 days of summer. I have loved delivering more content to you guys and hope you've been liking the posts so far! If you need to catch up I've made the tag 26DoS available on the left sidebar - just click and it will take you to all the posts I've written. 9 down, 4 to go!


I've also been in the kitchen a lot this past week, experimenting with delicious-sounding recipes! I hit the jackpot on this awesome spaghetti recipe that my family loves but I'll share more on that in the recap post at the end of 26DoS. I also tried (and succeeded if I do say so myself!) in making these yummy cheesy kale chips with my sister, as well as some healthy, vegan peanut butter and banana ice cream.



While I've made some efforts to eat mostly healthy and homemade, summer doesn't always encourage it. Delicious rainbow breakfasts (Trix cereal) and always-satsifying bubble milk teas are two things I've been enjoying indulging in, alone or with company.

 

I have also spent some time reading, 12 hours to be exact. It took me all of 12 hours to devour this heartbreakingly beautiful novel by John Green called The Fault in Our Stars. It has humour, pain, love, and joy all in one book and it's one of the most honest things I've read in a while. Absolutely loved it and would highly recommend! I still have Insurgent on my list to read this summer and I am super excited for that one because I loveddddd Divergent! Will keep you updated.


I have so far been good with posting daily OOTDs and FOTDs on Instagram, though I feel that the latter may have been pointless since I realized just a few days into doing it that my choice of makeup products doesn't change much on a day to day basis. Most of my FOTDs look the same and for that I apologize! Still I hope you've liked seeing more of my personal style, through my outfits and faces. Below are some of my favourites:


Most recently...
I just got back from a weekend at my friend's cottage yesterday evening and it was the most fun and relaxing experience yet this summer. Mostly we relaxed and caught up on each others' lives, but when we weren't doing that we were cooking delicious (but unhealthy haha!) meals or playing tons of Dutch Blitz (most amazing game ever, btw). On Sunday we took a ride on her boat and popped into town for some hamburger buns and ice cream which was lovely, and since the weather wasn't good enough for a swim we just jumped into the lake once before leaving for home.


I can't believe classes start next week. I definitely haven't had enough summer yet so I'm going to spend the next week and a half basking in the sun, reading, hanging out, and soaking up all the summer I can get! What have you guys been up to?

2 comments:

  1. Even if you don't complete your list, it looks to me like you've been having an amazing summer! I bet this will be one to remember! :)) xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been a busy and productive summer despite it looking like I haven't done much from my list. :P So I'm pretty happy as it is!

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg