You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Current Loves No. 4


It's time for another favourites post, and there are quite a few new gems in this one so I'm excited to share them all with you! Here goes...

Rimmel Scandal-Eyes Nude eyeliner | I'm not big on eyeliner but since purchasing this I think I've used it nearly every day. I apply it right on my waterline and it works perfectly for brightening up my eyes. I prefer this to a stark white just because it's softer and more natural but still gives the same effect. This Rimmel one in particular has made it onto my favourites list because it stays put all day and it's super affordable coming from the drugstore! Win win!

Ribbon hair ties | I was so skeptical about ribbon hair ties at first but after trying one from Sephora I have become a total convert! They come in such cute colours and are so comfortable to wear. No pinching or snagging of the hair, and you don't get that awful ponytail ridge when you take it off. A ton of Etsy sellers are selling these for much cheaper than the name brands like Twistband (no offense, Twistband, but yours are just so darn expensive!) so I would recommend purchasing them from there.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh EDT | This perfume was on my last Current Loves post and since then I have purchased the full-sized bottle of it which is massive! The bottle is perfect and the scent is just so lovely and feminine but not overpowering. It may very well become my signature scent.

MAC Fleur Power | A pretty corally pink blush that really makes you look rejuvenated and alive. This blush is one of my favourites because it's easy to wear and it goes with everything! It doesn't have any shimmer or glitter so it definitely gives a nice natural-looking flush.

L'oreal Sunset Angora | I've only had this product for a couple of weeks but I'm hooked. I just did a post on these L'oreal lipsticks and rambled about how much I love them so if you want to read more you can check that post out. This lovely peachy coral is my favourite of the bunch and just like the rest of them, it glides on like butter and is so comfortable to wear. I've been reaching for this everyday because it's just the perfect lip colour for daily use.

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Detangler | I don't know how I lived so long without this product in my life because it is literally magic for your hair. I give my hair a generous spritzing of this post-shower and it just makes combing out my hair so much easier! It also smells heavenly and that can't hurt, right? I'm going to be doing a post on hair detanglers soon so I'll elaborate more on there!

14 comments:

  1. So cool,I have the same perfume and I love it.*__*
    I like your pretty blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Vanessa you're so sweet! :) I don't do follow for follow but I will check your blog out.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pieces x

    Http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. yessss love love love rimmel liner and daisy eau so fresh! I'm still not convinced of the amazing-ness of those hair ties, but I'm thinking of trying them because I absolutely HATE kinks in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm scared to venture into the darker shades of the liner because I have quite oily lids and nothing stays put on my eyes, but maybe one of these days! :) I would suggest just buying one from Sephora to try out - that's what I did. It's 1.50 so if it doesn't work out then it's okay :P

      Delete
  4. That Dove product looks really good! Although I'm a little hesitant to use oil for my hair coz it usually makes it greasy. I hope you could do a review for this! I'll have to watch out for this when it hits the country :)


    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel, I will definitely be doing a review on the Dove detangler so hang tight! But I can tell you right now that I thought the exact same thing as you and it isn't greasy AT ALL!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of hair bands with ribbons! :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're super cute and still functional. Love em!

      Delete
  6. oh the detangler sounds so good! I have very tangled and messy hair sometimes so this could be useful. but then my hair can also get quite oily so I'm not sure if I should try it out haha!

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend it - contrary to what you may think, it's not oily at all! :)

      Delete
  7. I was so unsure about the Ribbon hair ties at first because I have a lot of thick curly hair so I didn't know if it would hold or not but I love them! I can sleep with them in and still be able to wear my hair down the next day unlike with other hair ties! Great list of products! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are so amazing! And I imagine they'd be great for thick hair because of the wider band. :) Thanks Rena!

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg