You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Caudalie Beauty Elixir


I've recently taken a special interest into caring for my skin and so naturally I've been revamping my skincare routine to better fit me (very slowly though, because good skincare comes with a hefty price tag!). I guess I should take a few moments to talk about my skin type to give you a better idea of what I struggle with. On the whole, I would say I have combination and dehydrated skin. My T zone can get pretty oily throughout the day while the rest of my face is normal. I'll have phases (like right now) where I have these flakey patches around my nose, between my eyebrows, and the bottom of my chin -  all areas which are easy to neglect when moisturizing. I don't break out a lot, just usually one to two spots during the time of the month, but when I do they are big and bad.

The product I'm talking about today wasn't one that intrigued or interested me, at first, even with all the hype that surrounded it. I just didn't think it was something that my skin needed imperatively. But then I started to see it come up in more and more videos from my fave Youtubers (if you can't tell, ALL my knowledge about makeup and skincare comes from them) and it was consistently being praised as a product that was crucial for keeping spots away - and that's what really drew me in. Pimples stress me out. I know no one likes them but I go into some sort of depressive rut when I get pimples. I mean, yeah they're hard to cover up but they're also really painful! So when Sephora was having their Beauty Insider 25% off deal, I decided to spend the money on the mini 30 mL bottle ($18) of it.

The long and short of it all: Caudalie Beauty Elixir works wonders. I certainly think it's worth the hype. I've been using this product for just over two weeks now and I had an active spot when I started using it, and since then, first of all the spot has gone, but also my skin has become noticeably clearer and smoother. I've also found that it helped lighten acne scars tremendously. The beauty elixir comes in a spray bottle which I love! I just go over my entire face with 3-4 spritzes of this stuff then gently pat it into my skin before moving onto serum and/or moisturizer. It can be used generally as a face spray, for example, on top of makeup or throughout the day to freshen up, but I personally use it as a toner. It's such a refreshing change because I'm so used to toners that are heavy in alcohol content - bad bad bad. This product, a lovely combination of herbal essences, is so soothing and calming on the skin that it even takes down some redness if you suffer with that. The only potential downside I can see with this is the heavy herbal scent. A lot of people can't take the smell and don't use it for that reason, so I would highly recommend going in to sniff it before purchasing. Personally, I don't have a problem with it - in a way it reminds me a lot of Chinese herbal concoctions, some of which I had to drink when I was younger (it didn't taste good but I don't mind just smelling it).

Some of the ingredients include: Water, alcohol (plant origin), bitter orange flower water, fragrance (plant origin), rosemary leaf oil, peppermint oil, balm mint leaf oil, rosa damascena flower oil, grape fruit extract

I would absolutely highly recommend this product to anyone. This, to me, is what magic would be like if it existed in real life. I know that's a big statement for a beauty water but this is serious business. Fantastic skincare product! I am 100% sure I will be repurchasing this in the bigger bottle ($48 for 100 mL) when I run out!




Twitter: @jemcheng
Tumblr: withscienceandfaith
Instagram: jemcheng

6 comments:

  1. im also currently improving my skincare routine and this sounds like an amazing product to add to my routin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend it enough. It's amazing! :)

      Delete
  2. Great review! I was going to buy this a couple of months ago but was put off by the alchohol content as I thought it would dry out my skin. I'm tempted to try this again now!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is not drying at all - all the ingredients are derived from plants so there are no harsh chemicals!

      Delete
  3. wow, very thorough! I love the image you've captured too!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg