You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Saturday, February 23, 2013

MAC Gingerly

If you're beauty-obsessed like I am, you've probably experienced these phases of loving different types of makeup - lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, mascara..... Well, I am currently in a massive blush phase, and have been since last summer. Sounds really basic but I didn't realize how much of a difference blush can make in bringing life and colour to your complexion. Since then, I've been building up my blush collection like a hoarder, I tell you.

The latest addition to my blush collection is MAC Gingerly, an au naturel shade. Until I had purchased this, I noticed that all the blushes I owned were peaches and pinks - very spring. I still had a $20 MAC gift card to spend so I got to the store I went straight for the blushes in search for something more wintry. I think I was envisioning something in the plum or burgundy family but when the makeup artist applied this on my cheeks, something about it really appealed to me. I'm sure you're all familiar with the your-lips-but-better phenomenon and if you read my blog post from 3 days ago you'll know how much I love said phenomenon. Well, Gingerly on me is your-cheeks-but-better. I see it as another take on the natural cheek because this isn't the colour I get when I flush, rather it's the colour my cheeks are every other time. Its effect is so subtle it's barely noticeable, but it has a way of bringing life to the face.

When I was trying it on in store, I had Fleur Power blush on the apples of my cheeks so the artist used Gingerly more like a contour and blended it into my coral blush. I fell in love with the combination because of how seamlessly it blended in with my skin tone. I'll probably be wearing those two together a lot in the spring. But this blush is also suitable for the current season because it looks just as lovely applied onto the apple of the cheeks and blended up the cheekbones, like I have it on in the photo below. It's hard to see when swatched but although the blush is mostly brown, it does have a slight rosy tinge to it that I feel shows up when applied.

This is as subtle as blush gets, barely there! I highly recommend Gingerly if you want that your-cheeks-but-better look. ;)




Blogger with Google Friend Connect
Twitter: @jemcheng
Tumblr: withscienceandfaith
Bloglovin': jemaroons.blogspot.com
Instagram: jemcheng
Lookbook: http://lookbook.nu/jemaroons
Facebook: http://facebook.com/Jemaroons

26 comments:

  1. you're very pretty! I love your blog! would you like to follow eachother? let me know! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. :) Glad you like the blog! I don't do follows for follows but if you enjoy reading my blog by all means, follow! I'll be sure to check your blog out. :)

      Delete
  2. Jem, you're gorgeous and this looks so pretty on you :)! I definitely need to try out more MAC blushes x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Josie. x They're brilliant - I want so many shades! Haha.

      Delete
  3. This looks so lovely on you :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe i'm on a lipstick phase...! That blush looks loverly on your skin!

    clairemae.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouu I love a good lipstick too ;) Thanks girl!

      Delete
  5. This color looks so nice and warm on you!

    I Follow you now by the way!
    If you have time could you check out/ follow my blog too?
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mindy, thanks I really love it! :) Thanks for following my blog. I will definitely check yours out. :)

      Delete
  6. It looks really natural but you can still see its colour and that is beautiful! I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is EXACTLY why I love it so much! It's really such a beautiful product. :)

      Delete
  7. i love blush too :) I dont own that many since i find i can never finish one lol! the blush looks great on you :D gotta love a warm color, right? keep in touch ^_^

    Joyce @carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I should exercise as much control as you! I currently have enough blushes to last a lifetime, I'm sure. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. this mac blush looks sooo good on you. so sad that mac is always so pricey. i could spend all my money in there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! Yeah, I wish it was cheaper but at the same time am thankful that it is at least on the cheaper end of high end make up.

      Delete
  9. the shade looks very interesting and it looks really nice on you, jem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your so pretty! and tempting me to buy that blush. check out my blog xoxo http://bebeautiful901.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, girly! You're so sweet. :) It really is a wonderful blush, I'm sure you'd get a lot of use out of it if you did buy it! :)

      Delete
  11. wow you look beautiful !!!
    Maybe we follow each other?!
    Let me know :)
    Greetings

    www.YulieKendra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! :)
      I don't do follows for follows but I'll be sure to check your blog out. :)

      Delete
  12. Your make-up looks flawless. Love MAC ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks TJ, you're so sweet! MAC is addictive. :s Haha.

      Delete
  13. The color is lovely. I love how matte it is. I bet it's great for contouring!

    xo,
    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg